La Petite Concierge

Please find below a few of the available options for funding. We have included some useful contact details at the bottom that can advise in providing support and with financing options available.

We offer competitive rates if you choose to personally fund the support you need. 

Attendance Allowance is a benefit that helps with the extra costs of long-term illness or disability, which can be either physical and/or mental disability. 

It is for people aged 65 and over. Attendance Allowance can be paid regardless of your income, savings or National Insurance contribution record and is a tax free benefit. If you are a carer who has care needs, you can claim Attendance Allowance for yourself and this will not affect your Carer's Allowance.

You can claim Attendance Allowance if you meet all the following criteria: are 65 or over (if you're under 65, you may be eligible for Personal Independence Payment instead). The funding is there to help with personal care, such as getting washed or dressed, or supervision to keep you safe during the day or night. It could be worth speaking to someone about your situation and exploring the options available. 

For more information please contact the Benefit Enquiry Line on 0800 882200 or apply on line at 

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

You may be able to get help with some of the extra costs caused by long term ill-health or disability.

The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself.

You’ll be assessed by a health professional to work out the level of help you can get. Your rate will be regularly reviewed to make sure you’re getting the right support.

For more details, advice and support please contact the benefits department on 0800 882200, or alternatively check it out online at,

Direct payments and personal budgets

Direct payments give you more flexibility over how your care and support is arranged and provided.

If, after a care needs assessment, your council decides you need support, you will receive a personal budget. You can choose to receive your personal budget as a direct payment instead of letting the council arrange services for you.

Why choose direct payments?

Direct payments give you more choice and control over how your care and support is arranged.

The direct payment is paid to you by the council's social services department, so you can decide how to spend it on care and support. For instance, many people choose to employ their own personal assistant or care worker, although there are many other ways you can use direct payments.

If you're unsure whether you want or could manage a direct payment, you can have a mixed package of care. This may consist of a smaller direct payment plus some care and support arranged by the council or a provider. This allows you to try out direct payments before deciding whether to move to a "full" direct payment.

If you aren't able or don't want to manage your own finances, another person can manage the direct payments on your behalf.

You can decide not to carry on having direct payments at any time. If you no longer want direct payments, contact your local council's social services department and ask them to arrange your services 

Carer's Allowance

How it works

If you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and the person you care for receives certain benefits.

You don’t have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for.

You won’t be paid extra if you care for more than one person.

Carer’s Allowance can affect the other benefits that you and the person you care for receive. You have to pay tax on it if your income is over the Personal Allowance.

These are just a few of the options available and we would recommend you contact your local support services for further advice and support. 

Alternatively, if you reside in Shropshire and require information about social care, you can contact the local social services team on  0345 678 9044.

LPC also provide support for privately funded service users, who cover payment themselves at a competitive rate.

The NHS is responsible for funding certain types of healthcare equipment you may need, LPC will assist with referrals and guidance in sourcing any equipment you may need to manage life independently.