Have you thought about joining the team?
SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER
Care Manager, Deputy Manager and Team Leaders
As a Senior Support Worker, you will be expected to deliver high standards of care, ensuring that you lead by example and motivating other colleagues to work to expectable standards.
A Senior Support Worker is responsible for familiarising themselves with the staff members that you’ll be leading out in the field and informing Team leaders/On-Call of any changes and relevant information. This will include supporting the team leaders in covering sickness or absence, answering queries for staff and supporting the team to find alternatives if cover cannot be found. Completing all relevant paperwork and updating CM2000 accordingly. On-call duties will be required to be undertaken only during Team Leader’s annual leave/absence.
Senior Support Workers are part of the Team Leaders structure and will liaise with them regarding queries, changes etc.
Senior Support Workers will be responsible for assisting the Team Leaders. Communicating with service users and informing the wider team of any relevant changes which can include updates in care plans, risk assessments, extra support, new Service Users, policies and procedures etc. so they can dutifully fill out their job role.
Senior support workers will be required too:
· Manage enquires from the public, service users and staff
· Gather service users information and feedback
· Covering sickness calls
· In extreme circumstances, delivering care calls to service users who would otherwise not receive a visit
· Gathering MAR Sheets weekly for Team Leaders to audit
· Ensuring paperwork out in the field is complete, and liaising with Team Leaders in regard to errors, gaps etc.
· Flexibility during 5 days on
· Hold a valid driver’s licence, with access to own transport
· Striving for excellence and continual improvement
· Knowledge of the care profession and in particular, domiciliary
· Minimum 12 months experience
· Good interpersonal skills
· DBS checked
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
· Have an approachable manner
· NVQ 2 or higher
Key Skills and Attributes
· Ability to manage a staff team
· Experience in a similar role
· Ability to give clear and concise instructions
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent telephone manner
· Good computer skills
· Good planning and organisation
· Ability to cope under pressure and dealing with last minute changes
· Even-tempered and patient
· Understanding of the needs and requirements of service users and staff
· To understand the needs of the service users
· To understand the Policies and Procedures of the company
· Ensuring paperwork in folders is up to date and replaced regularly
· Ability to relay information correctly and concisely
· Able to maintain good relationships with staff and service users
· Good planning and organisational skills
· Making yourself aware of the service users, needs, wants, requirements plus familiarising yourself with HIGH and LOW priority calls
· A good understanding of the Principles of Care
· A working knowledge of Person-Centered Care
· Good knowledge of health and safety procedures